Spring til indhold

Leaving Denmark

Moving away from Denmark? There is a number of practical matters to take care of.

Leaving Denmark

When you leave Denmark, there are a number of practical matters you must pay attention to.


If you move from Denmark to your home country or to another country, you must report the relocation to the national register office (Folkeregister). Follow this guide on Life in Denmark to learn about steps to follow.


You must also hand over your health insurance card.


If you move abroad for less than six months, you can retain your registered address unless you rent out or lend your house or flat.


Borgerservice (citizen service)

Østre Stationsvej 15
5000 Odense C 
Tel: +45 78 73 40 23
Email: borgerservice@odense.dk 

You have to book an appointment


See Life in Denmark's guide for leaving Denmark here, to get an overview of other practicalities you need to be aware of when leaving Denmark.